Wednesday, July 30, 2008

about Turning 50

I'm not feeling particularly grateful about turning 50 this summer. In fact, I've been downright depressed. It feels like I'm headed downhill from here, especially given my physical disability.

Then I read a group post about "Gratitude" and realize I am engaged in the "poor me's." That attitude is guaranteed to bring me down even further.

So what can I be grateful about?

1) I've been alive 50 whole years!
2) I have 50 years of experience, strength and hope to share with others - and even hopefully some wisdom.
3) Happiness is definitely my choice today - and I know how to choose to be happy after so many years of despair, anger and fear.

There is so much more for which I am grateful, including family and friends, home and work, my cats and garden, books and computers, and just about everything else that is possible.

I'm grateful to my on-line group for helping me remember that happiness is a choice, and that being grateful is the quickest road to happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home