Monday, June 04, 2007

on omitting "all" from Step 6

Hmmm. Maybe I need to be reminded that Step 6 asks me to become ready to surrender ALL my defects to the God of my understanding. Not just a few, not most, but all.

There are surely still some defects of which I'm not fully conscious, because they are more subtle or were hard to see given the enormity and visibility of some more glaring ways I get in my own way. I find they emerge as I and my Higher Power clear the path of the extreme dysfunctional habits and attitudes. Yet even if they're not completely visible now, it's important that I be willing to be fully free of limitations, completely willing to let go of "my way" to happiness.

When I am willing to admit there may be another way for me to be happy, then I am free. As long as I "hold on to old ideas," I get in my own way and limit my life to my vision. After 25 years in recovery, I have ample experience that says my vision is so small compared with the possibilities that the universe/my HP have in store for me, many of which have already manifested in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home