Tuesday, December 23, 2008

about Writing My Life

A theme today is using writing to externalize one's thoughts, dreams, wishes, and explore one's inner world - what DO I really want? why?

If I keep things inside, they don't get a chance to breathe, to become real, to form a foundation on which I can build and grow. When I write down my dreams, they can become intentions and goals. It's now out there in the universe, its energy pulsing out and in.

Negative thoughts also need airing so we can see them for what they are - toxic, poisonous to our souls and mood. If I keep things inside, they will move me around without my consent or choice - and then I wonder why I end up in unsatisfactory situations. Expressing those things frees me from being stuck and allows me to begin exercising choice, making better informed decisions.

I love finding out how I get in my own way, how I stop myself from getting what I want - that's the virtue of self-exploration & expression. Because I don't have to stand in my own way - and I don't do it as unknowingly, when I do the excavation work, the internal dig.

Somehow when I write I can see what's happening, I discover ideas, I realize hidden motivations, I unearth pivotal personal history. I hear myself, I hear my own voice, I begin to take shape to myself, to occupy space and time, to have definition and dimension and meaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home