Sunday, December 07, 2008

about perseverance, patience, perspective and progress

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

I am struck by these threads as I look at other people's stories and progress here on SparkPeople. Here's what I see:

* Many people have accomplished their goals. This works!

* They say it's through taking things one step at a time, one day at a time.

* Each one demonstrates the qualities of patience, hard work, and willingness to stay committed to their highest good and health.

* Everyone here started. They began. They took action. And then they watched what happened.

* When people reach their goals, they keep up the same habits they developed along the way - such as checking in on SparkPeople and sharing their lessons and progress with others

I'm inspired by what to me is the "formula" for success in weight release: Having a goal, admitting that I need to do something different to get different results, making a decision to take actions that can get me to my goal, taking the action, consistently acting every day, and taking the long view.

Patience, perseverance and perspective are keys to success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home